April 5, 2020 Update
The health and safety of our residents, their families and that of our care partners, is our top priority at Optima Living Communities. Our dedicated care partners are taking the necessary preventive precautions while continuing to provide compassionate and quality care to our cherished residents.
We are working closely with our public health experts and constantly monitoring and complying with all recommendations from federal and provincial health officials.
Protocols to protect
- – Enhanced screening for the virusaccording to government guidelines.
- – Ensuring infection control and outbreak plans are in placeand ready to activate.
- – Enhanced cleaning and sanitation,particularly of high-touch areas, in all communities.
- – Ensuring adequate supplies are available in each facilityin case of an outbreak.
- – Residents and family members will continue to receive regular communication regarding COVID-19as the situation further develops. Any resident or family member who has concerns or questions may contact their respective residence.
In B.C., Dr Henry has advised that, “This is the moment that will make the difference. We must hold the line and be unwavering in our commitment to keep our firewall strong, to slow the spread of COVID-19 and flatten the curve.”
In Alberta, Dr. Hinshaw added, “We will likely have these measures in place for months to come. As hard as they are, if we let our guard down and relax the restrictions too soon, this disease will spread quickly and our health system will be overwhelmed.”
Let’s do our part, and stay apart
Stay connected during isolation
There are lots of ways that you can communicate and connect. If you are seeking help to communicate with a family member, please reach out.
We want to thank our various supporters who continue to find ways to appreciate our care partners.
At one of our communities in Chilliwack, our team and residents were presented with flowers from QuikFarm. It was such an amazing way to uplift spirits of the care team and residents!
JOIN US FOR ONLINE COFFEE SESSIONS
To stay connected, Optima Living is hosting Virtual Coffee time for residents, families and their friends, and we would love to see you there.
Jon us at: 10 am PST | 11 am MTN | 1 pm EST
Join Our Online Community Coffee Time:
ZOOM ROOM LINK: https://zoom.us/j/166169425
Tuesday, Apr 7: Steps to live your life to the fullest in isolation
Thursday April 9: Tips to enjoy Easter celebrations during COVID
EVERY TUESDAY AND THURSDAY MORNING we will address a new topic.
With best wishes for good health,
Co-founder & Principal
Optima Living Communities