April 15th Covid19 Update
Optima Living Communities remains vigilant in our efforts to #FlattenTheCurve and we are so incredibly thankful for the incredible attention and clinical support our care partners provide everyday to our residents.
What Optima Living is doing to help prevent COVID-19 in our residences
We are taking all necessary infection control precautions in our residences and offices, including implementing all recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada, the Provincial Chief Medical Health Officer, and the World Health Organization (WHO). Some of these protocols include:
- –Enhanced screening for the virus according to government guidelines for all care partners, essential visitors and residents
- -Visitors at all sites from Independent Living to Long Term Care being limited to essential visitors only
- –Ensuring infection control and outbreak plans are in place and ready to activate
- -Enhanced cleaning and sanitation, particularly of high-touch areas, in all facilities
- -Ensuring adequate supplies of personal protective equipment are available in each facility in case of an outbreak
We want to thank many of our partners and friends, who are reaching out to our care providers and ensuring their spirits are uplifted and that our residents know that they are being well thought of outside of their community.
We want to share a few ways that you can practice gratitude during this time in hopes to uplift your spirits to continue with this isolation with strength and kindness to yourself.
- –List 3 things you are grateful for each day
- -Write someone a letter or an email giving them thanks
- -Remain positive
What are the benefits to practicing gratitude especially right now?
- –Makes us more resilient
- -Makes us more optimistic
- -Boosts self esteem
- -Increases long term happiness
We understand that with our Physical Distancing measures, this season is hard for families to connect in person, but we encourage you to connect virtually. We are pleased to acknowledge Little Mount Greenhouses & volunteers who sent these wonderful Lilies over Easter for our communities in Chilliwack, B.C.
We would love to hear of the ways that you are practicing gratitude in your lives today.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are offering a place to engage in community during this time of isolation.
Join our Online Coffee Times each Tuesday and Thursday.
10 am PST, 11 am MTN, or 1pm EST
Zoom Room: https://zoom.us/j/166169425 OR PHONE: 1-438-809-7799, 166169425#
Be Smart & Keep Apart
Farid Damji | Co-Founder & Principal
Optima Living Communities